Wednesday, March 4, 2015

5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Visit Napa Valley



1. It's close to San Francisco. Since you'll likely be flying into SFO, you can check out Fisherman's Wharf (hello lobster rolls), the Golden Gate Bridge and all of the wonderfulness of the Bay Area before heading to Napa.

Fisherman's Wharf

2. It's the most CHILL place ever. For me, it ties with Martha's Vineyard for that casual, peaceful vibe with that knowledge that the people around you aren't exactly pinching pennies. Know what I mean? There are many other towns with wineries, boutiques and restaurants that are close to Napa so it is also nice to put the windows down and just take a drive.

3. Wineries. My favorites were Pine Ridge and Grgich. We booked a tour through our hotel so it was nice to kick back and not worry about getting behind the wheel. Almost every hotel will have a tour that they can set you up with and if you're lucky, you may even come get gifts or discounts as a part of your tour. I even joined a wine club! Fance, right?


The view from Pine Ridge Winery

4. Oxbow Public Market. I went every day. My mom wanted to go to all of these fancy restaurants, but I loved the street food vibe of Oxbow. They also have a ton of little shops where you can buy tea, spices, and everything else that I love to spend all of my money on. 

5. Spas Galore. My mom and I chose a very interesting spa that specializes in mineral mud baths...with sulfer...which smells like poop...and is brown. Needless to say, it was a little uncomfortable at first, but after the bath and massage, we felt rejuvenated.  Our treatment was about 30 minutes from Napa at Dr. Wilkenson's Hot Springs Resort and Spa, but there are lots of traditional choices to kick back and relax. 

I found Napa to be very romantic and ideal for a couple's trip, but it also served as a great location for my mother/daughter trip. The only requirement is that you're ready to kick back and let this quaint city amaze you.

1 comment: